Jul 11 2016 0 Comments
High heels are very stylish but can be dangerous! Here are 5 reasons why you should always have a pair of Flat Out of Heels on standby why you’re wearing heels so you can alleviate or avoid these dangers.
- Lack of cushion: Years of walking and standing in heels can cause the natural padding in the ball of your foot to be worn away or pushed away since heels lack cushion to protect your feet from the impact with the ground.
- Falls and sprained or broken bones: If you commute to work in heels, especially on public transportation or long walks down city blocks (read: uncushioned feet meet concrete) then you run the risk of your heel getting caught in a crack or gap which could cause you to trip and sprain or break an ankle, knee or wrist!
- Lower back pain: Long hours in stilettos can lead to lower back pain since you are using the ball of your foot to balance your body weight.
- Joint pain: Because heels have little to no ability to absorb the shock of your foot hitting the ground the joints in your ankles and knees take the brunt of the impact through the balls of your feet instead of that impact being absorbed by the muscles in your legs. Ouch!
- Injuries from walking barefoot: If you take off your heels to relieve the pain you feel after a few hours of wearing heels without having a pair of Flat Out of Heels on standby then you run the risk of stepping on glass or other sharp objects along with whatever else is on the ground!