Jul 08 2016 0 Comments
Healthy foods can taste good too! Throw on a pair of Flat Outs and head to the store to pick up these 5 foods that are sure to please your tastebuds and be easy on your waist and wallet!
- Nut or seed butter: There are so many options now when you want an alternative to butter, jam or cream cheese on toast, bagels or English muffins. Nut and seed butters such as peanut butter, cashew butter, or sunflower butter, to name a few, are high in protein, fiber, and healthy fat.
- Berries: Strawberries, blueberries and raspberries are high in protein and antioxidants! Add them to cereal, smoothies and yogurt or make a fruit salad to enjoy these goodies.
- Greek yogurt: This treat has more protein than regular yogurt and is also creamier. Add fresh fruit instead of buying a pre-flavored version so you’re not consuming refined sugar and empty calories.
- Chickpeas: You can use them to make hummus, add them to soups and salads, or roast them for a nice crunchy treat. They are a great source of protein and fiber so you can count on this versatile food to help you feel full for a longer period of time.
- Dark chocolate: Yes, chocolate! This treat will satisfy your sweet tooth quicker than milk chocolate and it is high in antioxidants. Spread some nut or seed butter on a square (or two!) and get some protein and fiber in while you’re curbing your craving for sweets!