When dessert o'clock strikes throw on a pair of Flat Outs to run out and get one of these 5 sweet treats or grab what you need to make it at home!
- Snickerdoodle Cookies: A very simple cookie that tastes great alone or warmed up and served along with vanilla ice cream. And it is very easy to find or make a gluten free vegan version that still satisfies!
- Anything from Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams: Innovative flavors in the form of creamy ice cream, sorbet and frozen yogurts are sure to hit the spot! The company is based in Columbus, Oh but you can get these treats shipped to your home, purchase the cookbook or visit the scoop shops in the 7 cities outside of the Buckeye Nation.
- Grilled Pineapples: You can grill pineapple rings straight from a can or better yet marinate fresh pineapple slices in your favorite coconut flavored fruit juice or liquor for 12-24 hours prior to grilling. Ready in under 10 minutes you can then sprinkle them with cinnamon and serve with vanilla ice cream for an edible pina colada!
- Key Lime Pie: The perfect balance of sweet and tart flavors make this classic American dessert a year round favorite!
- Banana Pudding: Another classic dessert that can be made several different ways. Even if you’re not a fan of bananas the combination of cookies and pudding is sure to please your taste buds!