Jun 08 2016 0 Comments
Although Memorial Day marks the beginning of the summer travel season we know many people vacation throughout the year. Whether it’s a weekend road trip or that two week dream tour overseas there are 5 essentials that you should always pack with your Flat Out of Heels (although they could be on your feet while you're going through airport security):
- A Tide To Go pen (or three): Seriously never leave home without one, especially if you are unsure when you’ll be able to properly launder your favorite sundress after you get a stain on it while enjoying exquisite cuisine while you’re 2383 miles from home.
- A small sewing kit: A compact kit is all you will need to quickly sew a button back on a shirt or repair a small tear. You won’t always be able (or willing) to go shopping for a replacement while you’re enjoying a well-deserved break from your everyday hustle and bustle!
- A shawl or small throw: It can get chilly in the airport, on the plane, in the car, or in a theater. Or you might need a make-shift pillow for a quick nap on the beach. You will thank yourself for making room in your bag for this necessity.
- A digital camera: Yes, most people have smartphones that take high quality pictures. But if you are on the trip of a lifetime the last thing you want to happen is for your phone to die while you sight seeing. Having a dedicated camera will make you put your phone down and truly enjoy your surroundings.
- An outfit that is out of season, weather-wise, for your destination: Normally it is in the mid-60’s or 70's and fairly sunny in Miami, FL during the month of January, except for that one time it when it’s not (2010, not that we are keeping track). You will be grateful for the sweater and pair of jeans that are packed under your shorts and bathing suits when Mother Nature decides she wants to change things up a bit!
No matter where you go always remember to pack your Flat Out of Heels rollable flats!